Posts available (start date 1st September 2023):
1. Full time, permanent, 32.5 hours per week
2. Full time, fixed term maternity cover, 32.5 hours per week (until 31/07/2024)
An opportunity has arisen for two highly motivated and enthusiastic grade 3 teaching assistants to join our team. The successful candidates will be passionate about pupils’ learning and working as part of a successful team.
The post will involve supporting the teacher and pupils within a class/es and leading small group educational activities and interventions. The successful candidate must have knowledge and understanding of the skills required for this post, together with previous experience of working with children/young adults with SEND. On-going training will be provided to assist in your continued professional development.
Carlton Digby School is a maintained special school for children with a wide range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities aged 3 – 18 years. In March 2020, the school was given an Ofsted grading of ‘Outstanding’. The school has 91 pupils on roll.
In joining Carlton Digby School, you will benefit from:
· Working with our fabulous children and their families
· Being part of a strong team of staff
· Strong links with the local community and other special schools
· Excellent facilities
· High quality CPD
· Supportive and involved Governors
You will require the following qualifications and must be able to provide original copies of certificates should you be successful:
1. NVQ Level 3 (or be working towards) for Teaching Assistants (or equivalent)
2. English and maths GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent)
Nottinghamshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Application forms and further details are available from the school website: www.carltondigby.notts.sch.uk. Please ensure applications include the job reference. Please submit applications to: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 24th May 2023. Interviews will take place week commencing 5th June 2023.
Please email the office to book a visit:
· Monday 15th May at 9.00am
· Wednesday 17th May at 2.30pm
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, we regret to advise your application was unsuccessful and due to previous high response, will be unable to provide individual feedback.