Careers Education and Guidance
We understand the importance and strongly encourage meaningful encounters between our students and employers. We believe that, through encounters with employers, our young people are given the opportunity to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to the world of work.
Our Careers programme incorporates many opportunities for meaningful encounters, including:
- Mock interviews (Eagles / Sparrows)
- Meaningful work experience opportunities within the community (identified pupils with Eagles / Sparrows)
- World of Work Career Talks (Whole school)
- Workplace encounters (Parrots, Doves, Flamingos, Sparrows and Eagles)
We also have links to the World of Work via our Enterprise Advisor - Nick Harrington.
We are particularly keen to hear from employers who could offer us opportunities to visit their workplace or to speak with our young people about their experiences.
If you would like to keep in touch about these opportunities, please contact: Tricia Marron, Careers Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
- National Careers Service
Information on jobs including qualifications required, average salaries and career prospects
- Not Going to Uni
Advice, inspiration and tools to make an informed decision and start building your future
- All About School Leavers
Apprenticeships and jobs for school leaving students
- Careers films
Films about careers
- Notts Help Yourself
- An up-to-date list of the services available within Nottingham
Local Market Information (LMI)
- D2N2 Start platform
- National careers service website
- UCAS website
- Gov Apprenticeship website
- CEC website
- Portland- https://www.portland.ac.uk/
- Landmarks- https://www.landmarks.ac.uk/
- Nottingham College- https://www.nottinghamcollege.ac.uk/
- Inspire- https://www.inspireculture.org.uk/skills-learning/16-24-year-olds/
- Homefield College - www.homefieldcollege.ac.uk
Skillsometer - https://www.lmiforall.org.uk/skillsometer/
This quiz widget can help you discover what jobs you might like to do in the future.
Careerometer - https://www.lmiforall.org.uk/careerometer/
This widget can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations, help you learn about different occupations and identify potential careers.
Please click on the links below to find out more about our careers programme, strategy, post school directory and the end of year update.