New Pupils Entry Procedures
All pupils at Carlton Digby School have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Pupil places are allocated through the SEN team at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with the SEN team must be made.
Prior to entry:
- Tour of the school (virtual currently)
- School to contact parents and current placement to arrange a visit (Covid restrictions adhered to)
- A senior member of staff visit to current placement and to check assessment information (Covid restrictions adhered to)
- Transitions programme set up with parents, current placement and Carlton Digby School
- Tailored to each individual child
- Some pupils will require a longer transition than others
- Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement
- Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement
- Visits will increase in duration and frequency as the programme progresses
Within seven weeks of entry:
- An assessment of the child’s ability will be carried out
- Pupil interim targets for the year ahead will be set (in line with their EHCP)
Within the first term:
- A new starter meeting for parents will be scheduled to discuss settling in
Visits to the school for prospective students are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or be in the process of applying for one. Please contact the school office to book a viewing.
Click on the link which will take you to the Nottinghamshire County Council website where you should find all the necessary information about admissions to schools.
Unfortunately, we are not welcoming visitors into school at the current time. We have a virtual school tour that can be accessed by clicking here. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.