Skip to content ↓
  • slideshow image
  • slideshow image
  • slideshow image

Welcome To
Carlton Digby School

Together we achieve


New Pupils Entry Procedures

All pupils at Carlton Digby School have an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of Special Educational Needs.

Pupil places are allocated through the SEN team at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with the SEN team must be made.

Prior to entry:

  • Tour of the school
  • School to contact parents and current placement to arrange a visit
  • Senior teaching assistant visit to current placement and to check assessment information
  • Transitions programme set up with parents, current placement and Carlton Digby School

Transitions Programme:

  • Tailored to each individual child
  • Some pupils will require a longer transition than others
  • Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement
  • Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement
  • Visits will increase in duration and frequency as the programme progresses

Within seven weeks of entry:

  • An assessment of the child’s ability will be carried out
  • An IEP will be written

Within the first term:

  • A new starter meeting for parents will be scheduled to discuss settlingr

Visits to the school for prospective students are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or be in the process of applying for one. Please contact the school office to book a viewing. 

Click on the link which will take you to the Nottinghamshire County Council website where you should find all the necessary information about admissions to schools.