New Pupils Entry Procedures
All pupils at Carlton Digby School have an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
Pupil places are allocated through the SEN team at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with the SEN team must be made.
Prior to entry:
- Tour of the school
- School to contact parents and current placement to arrange a visit
- Senior teaching assistant visit to current placement and to check assessment information
- Transitions programme set up with parents, current placement and Carlton Digby School
- Tailored to each individual child
- Some pupils will require a longer transition than others
- Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement
- Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement
- Visits will increase in duration and frequency as the programme progresses
Within seven weeks of entry:
- An assessment of the child’s ability will be carried out
- An IEP will be written
Within the first term:
- A new starter meeting for parents will be scheduled to discuss settlingr
Visits to the school for prospective students are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or be in the process of applying for one. Please contact the school office to book a viewing.
Click on the link which will take you to the Nottinghamshire County Council website where you should find all the necessary information about admissions to schools.